Fresh brunch ideas for Mother’s Day and new gluten-free brand “Good Graces”
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC)-May motivated Hy-Vee to come up with fresh (and easy) brunch ideas to serve mom and launch a private, more affordable gluten-free brand in time for Celiac Awareness Month .
Hy-Vee Registered Dietitian Katie Schaeffer visits PSL for the last time (we’re going to MISS her!) to share nutrition information, products and a recipe demo in two separate segments. In the first, we discover the Good Graces gluten-free range. The second interview features Mother’s Day brunch ideas and how your local Hy-Vee can make it easier with pre-made platters and buffet packages. An easy low-sugar (but delicious) dessert perfect for Sunday is made —Lemon Berry Granola Tartlets.
- 1 bag (11 oz) Good Graces gluten-free granola
- ½ cup Hy-Vee Sweetened Shredded Coconut, toasted
- ½ cup Hy-Vee Honey, divided
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee Salted Butter, chopped
- 1 large Hy-Vee egg white
- 1 (8-z) package Hy-Vee Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 container (6 oz) Hy-Vee low fat lemon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- Mixed Driscoll’s Berries
- Fresh mint, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray 12 (2½-inch) nonstick muffin cups with nonstick spray; put aside.
2. For crusts, place granola and coconut in a food processor. Cover; blend until coarsely ground. Transfer to a bowl; put aside. Combine ¼ cup honey and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; cool slightly. Whisk the egg white. Add to granola mixture; stir to combine.
3. Press 2 tablespoons of granola mixture into bottom and sides of each prepared muffin cup. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until set. Cool completely in muffin cups.
4. For the filling, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add yogurt, lemon zest and juice and remaining ¼ cup honey; beat until smooth. Pour mixture evenly into each cooled crust. Cover; coldness. Garnish with berries and add the mint garnish.
Copyright 2022 KWQC. All rights reserved.